At Apollo, we make the safety of our team and the minimization of our environmental impact a priority. We will operate with integrity and within policy guidelines that highlight our commitment to responsible exploration and resource development. Apollo’s focus is on maintaining strong environmental, social and governance performance throughout all of our operations.
Apollo Silver Corp is committed to a policy of responsible stewardship and sustainable exploration and resource development which incorporates the sustainability of the natural environment we operate in. We will comply with all regulatory requirements and will apply industry leading methodologies to protect the environment throughout our exploration, mining, processing and closure activities.
The policy includes the following undertakings:
- Recognize environmental management as a corporate responsibility and establish policies, standards, and practices for conducting our business in an environmentally sound manner.
- Integrate environmental policies, programs and practices into all activities and decisions of Apollo.
- Monitor and measure the performance of our environmental programs and management systems to ensure compliance with our and regulatory requirements.
- Adopt an ongoing program of review of environmental performance, taking into account technical and scientific understanding of environmental effects of operations.
- Fully investigate all reportable environmental related incidents and ensure all remedial actions identified are incorporated into our policies, standards and practices.
- Incorporate the efficient use of energy, resources and materials into our program definitions and investment decisions.
- Identify, assess, and minimize environmental risks.
- Work with the appropriate authorities to develop effective, efficient and equitable measures to protect the environment based on sound science.
- Require contractors to comply with corporate and regulatory environmental requirements and work co-operatively with them to identify opportunities to improve environmental quality and performance.
- Encourage dialogue on environmental issues with employees, contractors, the public and other stakeholders and be responsive to concerns.
- Ensure that all employees understand and are able to fulfill their environmental responsibilities.
More coming soon. Subscribe to keep updated as Apollo’s Board approves and adopts more policies that are consistent with Apollo’s commitment to environmental and social stewardship.